Saturday, August 4, 2012

Doing better



Few weeks after the last shot was taken both of my chilis were busy producing flowers. Shortly after the uncut one was first to produce a pod right in the middle where the plant had started to spread it's top. This was the clear indication I had been hoping for to show me that I was doing better than with my failed sweet pepper experiment.
During the few growing months I had been trying to read other peoples experiences on growing "Jamaican Bell" but didn't find a whole lot. The seed bag didn't have a latin name for it, used quotation marks around the name and had a rather scetchy marking of  3/5 Scoville°. After seeing the flowers and the pod I'm now convinced that I have been growing either C. baccatum var. 'Starfish' or some other variation of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment