Friday, August 3, 2012

New beginning

"Jamaican Bell" Sprout

In late May 2012 I finally made the call to plant a new batch of seeds. Ideal planting time would have been in Jan or Feb but I figured it still wasn't too late. I got the final push to try growing again while visiting a local gardening expo. To my surprise some local chili growers were there giving out tips and selling chili sprouts. While I didn't want to cut corners by buying sprouts from them I got two small leaflets telling me the basics about chilis and how to get growing. So on the following week I got my hands on some "Jamaican Bell" seeds. Taking care I wouldn't repeat the mistakes I made with the peppers I planted the seed on separate pots. A few days later I was happy to notice two of the three seeds (Lord Nelson had been a little cheap with the amount of seeds in one bag) had germinated.

The sales speech:
"Jamaican Bell is a tasty and mild chili with beautiful bright red bell -like pods. Not too hot in a stew but a culinary delight when prepared in the oven with cheese. Grows strong and about 100-125cm high."

No comments:

Post a Comment