Saturday, August 4, 2012

Experimenting

While my sprouts were growing I had some time to read up on some beginners tips&tricks from various sources. This was propably a good idea but at the same time it really got to me how little I know about the world I've just stepped into.
I decided to keep it simple and experiment as much as I can so I know better what to do next season. Hydroponics sounded a little too fancy for me so I decided to go with the traditional growing method even though it was said to be slower. Reading up on pot sizes it dawned to me again that I'm propably going to end up with too small pots. I'm growing my plants on my windowstill and it can fit pots that are somewhere around 2 litres and here I am reading some guys tips "...but I've found out chilis can grow just fine in a relatively small pot of 8 litres".

After 2,5 months of growing here's what I had:
The middle sprout is one that I let grow freely just to see how it grows. The one on the left is my first "experimental" sprout that I cut the top of after it had grown a good 20cm to see how that effects the plant. You might also notice that I now have 3 sprouts while I claimed only 2 germinated. The one on the right is actually the cut off top that I had growing roots in a shot glass before planting it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment