Saturday, August 4, 2012

Progress

As my chilis got bigger it got more and more evident that I have them in way too little pots (again). On warm sunny days they require watering once in a day or the leaves start to hang. After the heatwave was gone we got hit by 14 days of colder and more rainy weather. Not realising this in time I was still giving the same amount of water to my middle plant which reacted by quickly dropping 2-3 of the biggest leaves it had grown. This was a wake up call and I stopped giving it water as long as the dirt felt moist. My cut and now more bushy plant was having more flowers to support so I tried giving it small amounts of fertilizer in the water. The result was a double edged sword as the flowers did bloom nicely but at the same time the growth exploded.




These two shots have around 25 days in between. 

No comments:

Post a Comment